I feel much more mentally and physically prepared for Glastonbury than I was last year. Two nights good sleep will sort me out just so. I have better supplies and will be able to cope with a bit of light rain. All I need now is a mobile.
Work quiz tonight - I will not detain you with any more of the marketing call my bluff questions, instead here are my fiendish qns for the music round. The answer in each case is a product category, i.e. "The Ketchup Song" would be KETCHUP. I have made it quite easy, in fact it will be a high scoring quiz in general.
1. All Saints (thankyou RT) - Black Coffee (Ans: COFFEE. I am banking on nobody remembering it is called this.)
2. Take That - Sure (Ans: DEODORANT. The problem with this is that they sing "Sure" too early.)
3. Theme from MASH (Ans: POTATOES. OK this one is poor.)
4. Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes (Ans: SHOES!! Oh the subtlety. The beat on this is tremendous, in fact memo-to-self - play it at next Poptimism)
5. Tight Fit - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Ans: CONFECTIONARY!)
6. Orange Juice - Rip It Up (Ans: JUICE! I am not sure what the proper category name for juice is, natural fruit beverages or something)
7. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Ans: SUGAR)
8. Madness - Wings Of A Dove (Ans: SOAP. Or FIRMING CREAM. Or anything Dove make really.)
9. Queen - Flash (Ans: CLEANING PRODUCTS. As soon as I played the CD back I realised this is well over the 'too easy' line but too late now.)
10. Marmalade - Ob La Di Ob La Da (Ans: PRESERVES, this is the hardest because people have forgotten this version. One for the Dads.)
As ever having made the Glasto tape I have downloaded a ton of amazing records which need to be broadcast on a crappy tape recorder to grumbling Coldplay fans. One of these is the "Crazy Frog Riddim" except it would actually lead to our murder.
HOWEVER the Crazy Frog Riddim is a masterpiece compared to the distorted parody of music that Mercury Rev have become, thanks 6Music. What the fuck happened? (Or did I just wise up?)